Sunday, January 30, 2011

BRASS League Directory Submission

Here is the league directory submission for the California Roadrunners.

Innaugural Season
1995 and 2011

Strat-O-Matic History
I began playing Strat-O-Matic back in 1995 when it was introduced to me by my
college roommate, Brian Budzyn. I have participated in BRASS, EAB, and was the
commissioner of NASBL from 1997 to 2006. I was inducted into the NASBL hall of
fame back in 2008 alongside Kevin Brown and Juan Gonzalez. I have posted my keynote speech here on this blog.

Franchise Notes
I am looking forward to rejoining BRASS and getting to know my fellow managers. My
goals for every season are simple: be competitive, adhere to league rules, policies, and
deadlines, and have fun. I will also be slowly introducing my son to SOM in hopes that
we can co-manage the team someday soon.

Occupation
Information Systems Architect for HP.

Marital Status
Married-Wife-Kristin

Children
Nathan and Evan

Other Hobbies/Interests
Photography, Technology (gadgets, Web development, mobile, etc.), a mild addiction to
World of Warcraft, fantasy Baseball, fantasy Football, and hanging out at the gym when
I’m not sitting down.

Favorite Baseball Team
Oakland Athletics

Favorite Baseball Player
Growing up it was Mark McGwire. I began following sports and collecting Baseball
cards right before the 1987 season. Today, my favorite players are my fantasy/SOM
players, so I guess it would have to be Josh Hamilton and Jose Bautista.

Favorite Baseball Memory

I have two favorite Baseball memories:

Traveling with my father to Oakland for two playoff games between the A’s and Red Sox
back in 1988. We also stalked the players for autographs at the hotel. I was able to meet
and get signatures from Jose Canseco, Jim Rice, Rich Gedman, Rick Cerone, and a few
others. Ellis Burks looked at me and walked right past me after I kindly asked him for his
autograph. I’ll never forgive you, Ellis Burks!

Taking my oldest son, Nathan, to a Dodger game for the first time back in 2009. We
saw the Dodgers and the Rockies play on some freak-weather day where it was over 100
degrees. We stood by some fans and drank lots of frozen lemonade.

No comments:

Post a Comment