Monday, February 28, 2011

Strat-O-Matic Baseball Version 16 Has Arrived


The new Strat-O-Matic game arrived at my door today. With the anticipation of the game's arrival over, the task of getting back into the game was finally here. I quickly tore open the envelope and pulled out the CD. There it was: Version 16. It looked a lot like Versions 1-11 from the outside, and I couldn't wait any longer to see how the game had changed over the last five years.


I inserted the disc to begin the installation. The whirring and buzzing of my Blu-Ray burner grabbed hold of the disc.


This was it. Now was my chance to turn back. Did I realize what I was getting myself into? Do I really have the time for this? Will Nathan be able to understand and enjoy Strat-O-Matic Baseball as much as I have? Will my wife put up with the repetitive, digitized sound of "we want a hitter" blasting out of the computer speakers in the bottom of the ninth inning?



Ah... good old C:\CDROMBB. You're back! I remember you fondly and not so fondly. The countless LZP files and CDROMBB backups. Hundreds of PRT files. Oh my system backup will be having some words with you soon enough.


"DON'T LOSE THIS CARD" is right. I'll never be able to play again if I lose this card, right? How will I get a copy of SOM on my laptop now? Okay, here it goes.

So that's the updated interface. Not bad. Now to check my email for those BRASSball league files. Got the LZP. Now for a restore and...


Hey, I did it! Most of the functions and menus are the same so I was able to navigate my way around. So now what? Sort and study the league free agents? Check out the computer manager advanced bullpen settings? Maybe work on my starting lineup? No! It's time to PLAY BALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment